Thurs, March 8th, 2012
YouTube's conversion is complete
* Synchronize Subscribers does not currently work
We will have a new version out later today which will include fixes to Subscriber Sync as well as new features like 2-Step Verification access and various bug fixes.
Thanks! -Team Tube Toolbox
Tues, March 6th, 2012
YouTube will be forcing everyone to the new layout tomorrow, Wed, March 7th.
Don't worry, it shouldn't affect Tube Toolbox negatively. Important notes below.
- Synchronize Subscribers: Once YouTube makes the 'switch', Synchronizing Subscribers will temporarily be broken. It shouldn't last more than a few hours while we work to update our code.
- Gathering Subscribers: In the new layout, you can't see other user's Subscribers. Here is a better alternative for gathering.
- Recent Updates, etc: Take a look at why Tube Toolbox hasn't changes and what we've added to make it even more powerful.
- YouTube Playbook: Did you know that YouTube offers a free information guide to building your Channel in the new layout? Take a look here.
- YouTube Playlist: YouTube created a series of videos talks about the new layout. Take a look here.
Update 2: Friday, 7:30PM, Dec 9th, 2011
We have put out a new version of Tube Toolbox that works with the new layout.
PLEASE NOTE that instead of "Sending Friend Requests", you will be "Adding Contacts" which is essentially the same thing (read our post from earlier today for an explaination).
Update 1: Friday, 2AM, Dec 9th, 2011
Yep, another important update.
The Bad News:
As of today, YouTube™ has removed all references to the word "Friends" on their website.
YouTube's Official Forum Post
The Good News:
You still have all your Friends, they are now just called "Contacts"
What does this mean for Tube Toolbox?
* Sending Friend Requests in the current version of Tube Toolbox will not work. We should have a fix in the next 24 hours.
* Instead of "Sending Friend Requests" through Tube Toolbox, you will be "Adding Contacts"
* The reason that you used to send Friend Requests is to get people to look at your Channel.
The way that people previously would know you sent them
a friend request is that in their Address Book, they would see a "Pending Friend Requests" Tab. That Tab has now been replaced by
a "Contact Suggestions" Tab which contains everyone who has added them as a Contact.
This means that when you use Tube Toolbox
to add people as Contacts, you will now show up in their "Contact Suggestions" list instead of their "Pending Friend Requests" list.
Only time will tell but we believe that this will be just as effective as sending Friend Requests was because it is essentially the same thing..
View Screenshot Here
* As you can see from our Dec 8th post below, we have been working around the clock to keep up with YouTube changes and now they just threw this wrench into the mix. So... We will
really try to get a new version out that replaces sending Friend Requests with Adding Contacts by the end of the day today but if not, definitely by Saturday.
Update: Thursday, Dec 8th, 2011
** Please read this entire page as there are important YouTube announcements contained in the information below.
We have completed the initial set of Tube Toolbox changes for the new YouTube
layout. This is by far the largest change YouTube has made in the last few
years, so the impact is significant. Because these changes are so significant
and the timeframe so short, we have decided to provide a Beta version for people
to access instead of providing a general release.
You can get the Beta version by following the instructions in
this link - Get Beta Program
- * GATHERING CHANGES
- * Spider search now uses YouTube's API to get first page of friends for all users on page
- * Handle YouTube's display change of "Next" button. Will get all pages now instead of just first page
- * Friends, videos, subscriptions, and favorite gathering now uses YouTube's programming interface which speeds up gathering
- * Gathering from subscribers no longer works since YouTube does not display subscribers. HOWEVER, see YouTube changes below
- * Gathering comments from channel will only return 42 names since that is all YouTube now displays.
- * Since YouTube does not display subscribers for a channel, we have added a new gathering feature.
"Gather all users who have commented on videos by Channel X". This is a alternative to getting subscribers of a channel as it will gather
users interested in a specific channel
- * BULK SENDING CHANGES
- * Friend requests changed to use new layout method of sending friend requests. HOWEVER, see YouTube changes below
- * Post Comments on channel now working with new layout.
- * Post comments on videos now working with new layout.
- * Subscribe to channel now working with new layout.
- * MENU AND SYNCHRONIZATION CHANGES
- * Many of the menu options in Tube Toolbox are related to old layout. Since people can keep the old layout for now, we are not changing
the menus. Once YouTube completes the changes for the new layout and only allows the new layout we will change menu options
- * Synchronizing subscribers will not work in the new layout because YouTube does not display subscribers. However,
as long as YouTube allows you to switch back, our program will switch you to the old layout synchronize and then switch you back to the new layout if you are using the new
- * Other synchronization uses YouTube API which speeds up synchronization.
* IMPORTANT YOUTUBE CHANGES COMING SOON
* YouTube is planning on providing a way for channels to see their subscribers (see response to PhilSt post in link below).
* Within the next week or two, YouTube is eliminating Friends. There will only be contacts and subscribers - no Friends(!)
* This link has information regarding the planned YouTube change Google forum post
* We are putting together documentation on how best to use Tube Toolbox to get new subscribers.
We know changes like those being made by YouTube are never easy. It is in our nature to like things to remain the way they are. You can be
assured that we, at Tube Toolbox, are committed to providing software that automates manual processes and enhances your ability to gather, grow and
retain your subscribers.
We truly appreciate your business!
Feedback - we want to hear from YOU
Many of Tube Toolbox's great features are built from ideas that came from you, our users. Tell us your thoughts on the recent changes.
We are looking into automating more features outside of user interaction.
Which of the features below would you like to see added?